An 83-year-old man goes undercover in a nursing home in The Mole Agent , Chilean director Maite Alberdi 's Oscar hopeful that's been shortlisted for both International Feature and Documentary. While it's filmed and scored in the style of a playful spy movie, it's most remarkable in its quieter moments, as the true heart of the story emerges. The Mole Agent is shot through Sergio's spy glasses, more comes from the professional crew ostensibly filming a straightforward doc about the care home — as far as we know, no staff or residents know Sergio's real reason for spending three months there. Like many a good cover story, his is credible because it's rooted in reality. He's grieving his wife, and much as he loves his grown-up children, he could use new company and a change of scene. The Mole Agent is a particularly compelling piece of cinema. Related Story Int’l Critics Line: Todd McCarthy On Tunisia’s Oscar-Shortlisted ‘The Man Who Sold His Skin’
- Patricia Morison, the original 'Kiss Me, Kate' star, dies at 103
- Peaky Blinders wins Best Drama Series at TV BAFTAs: Winners list in full
- Wolf vs. Wagner: What you should know about their home, York County
- Does the A-League hold back our national team?
- U.S. team arrives in North Korea to prep for potential summit
Int’l Critics Line: Anna Smith On Chile’s Oscar-Shortlisted ‘The Mole Agent’ have 231 words, post on deadline.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.