I've been a public relations professional my entire career; in full transparency, I ran PR for Rolling Stone and its former owner, Wenner Media, twice. Similar roles at other iconic publications like Playboy demonstrated to me the power of the media to impact, educate and influence public opinion as a result. Playboy changed the way people looked at sex. Rolling Stone changed the way a generation looked at sex, drugs, and rock & roll. To say nothing of how an advertising campaign designed specifically to change how advertisers looked at their readership, "perception and reality" succeeded beyond anyone's wishes. Now, in 2021, I believe we, as communication professionals, need to build upon our relationships with the media partners we work with to change the way people look at cannabis . As states continue to enact legislation to legalize it for medical and recreational use, it is still stuck in a time warp in many people's minds. Let's look at the last 50 years of how the media regarded cannabis. Related Stories New Jersey Governor Signs Marijuana Legalization Into Law How to Properly Clean Your Bong, According to Cannabis Experts Related Stories From Soup Nazis to Nuts: 100 Best ‘Seinfeld’ Characters… Read full this story
- Cannabis capitalism: who is making money in the marijuana industry?
- 2Do we need a PR for PR?
- Women carving out their own space in the cannabis conversation
- Legal weed means new kinds of cannabis conversations with kids
- Second Cup says it may convert Ontario coffee shops to cannabis stores
- Female cannabis users come out of the shadows as legalization looms
- On a high: Canada celebrates cannabis being legalised
- Cannabis company hopes to replace jobs lost in mill closure in small B.C. town
- Vancouver’s conversion therapy ban more than symbolic, experts say
- It Changed My Life: A peek into dark world of organ trading
How PR Professionals Can Change the Conversation Around Cannabis have 308 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.