The Oscar-shortlisted short documentary A Concerto Is a Conversation is a classic two-hander, the kind of story with two protagonists of equal importance. In this case the characters are Horace Bowers Sr., a 92-year-old entrepreneur in South Los Angeles, and his grandson, 31-year-old Kris Bowers , a much sought-after film and television composer whose credits include the Netflix series Bridgerton and the 2018 Oscar-winning film Green Book . They are separated in age by more than six decades and widely divergent life experiences, but what unites them is a bond of love. "My grandparents always were a huge part of my life," Kris tells Deadline. "My grandfather was always an example of, for me, really like strong black masculinity. He was always fixing something, building something, even up to 80 something years old." Related Story Ava DuVernay To Executive Produce Short Docu ‘A Concerto Is A Conversation’ From Kris Bowers And Ben Proudfoot Bowers and Ben Proudfoot directed the film, part of the New York Times Op-Docs series. It opens with Bowers at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in L.A., about to premiere his new concerto entitled "For a Younger Self." Then it cuts to a sitting room in the… Read full this story
- Denzel Washington Q&A: Can SAG Award Winner Notch Third Oscar?
- Fresh Face: Helena Zengel Holds Her Own Opposite Tom Hanks In Her Debut ‘News Of The World’
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas meet grandson Ryder for first time - see photo
- Oscar winner 1917 got its one-shot approach because of James Bond
- Alicia Vikander, Jo Hartley and Naomi Ackie join BAFTA EE Rising Star Award panel to select the 2021 shortlist
- Young calligrapher renowned for his talent introduces art to new generation
- Trump Faces Senate Trial After Second Impeachment: Live Updates
- Trump Faces Senate Trial After Second Impeachment
- Cats with smooshed faces can't express emotions, and it's all our fault
- President Joe Biden watches inauguration fireworks from Truman Balcony with Jill and the family after Lincoln Memorial speech urging Americans to 'meet the moment' and 'unify'
Grandfather, Grandson: Two Generations Meet Face To Face In Oscar-Shortlisted ‘A Concerto Is A Conversation’ have 335 words, post on deadline.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.