About two years after Fox Corp. started a new chapter as a slimmed-down, TV-centric company, CEO Lachlan Murdoch observed, "It's a good year not to own movie studios and theme parks." In a rare appearance at a Wall Street conference, the executive weighed in on NFL negotiations, the outlook for Fox News , ad-supported streaming and other topics. Covid-19 has also posed a number of challenges to Fox, even though it doesn't have movie or parks assets, with advertising and sports taking a dive last spring before recovering. Talks with the NFL talks have "a ways to go," Murdoch cautioned during an online session at Morgan Stanley's annual Technology, Media & Telecom conference. Participants have signaled the league and its media partners could take the wraps off deal announcements as soon as next week. "The most likely scenario" would be for Fox to ditch Thursday Night Football , which it acquired in 2019 for $650 million a year in a five-year pact. That would leave the network's traditional Sunday late-afternoon slot, which has proven to be the beach-iest of NFL beachfront property, ratings-wise. Related Story February Ratings: MSNBC Tops In Total Day Viewers, CNN Wins Key Demo, Fox News Takes Primetime… Read full this story
- Halloween Horror Nights Movie May Happen at Blumhouse
- Bryan Singer Directing New X-Men Movie for 2018?
- Coronavirus latest: Kenya confirms first COVID-19 case
- Coronavirus latest: Canadian PM Trudeau's wife tests positive for COVID-19
- Donald Trump and Sean Hannity Like to Talk Before Bedtime
- The 25 best movies on Disney+ right now
- Can Fox News survive the forces it unleashed on the 2016 election?
- The 30 best movies on Hulu right now
- 'It's a 50-50 nation': Chris Wallace on Fox News, Trump and America's great divide
- Marvel Boss Explains How X-Men & Fantastic Four Are Being Brought Into the MCU
Fox Boss Lachlan Murdoch On NFL Talks, Fox News And Life After Covid: “It’s A Good Year Not To Own Movie Studios And Theme Parks” have 303 words, post on deadline.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.