Nicolas Sarkozy , who served as French president between 2007 and 2012, has been found guilty of corruption. He was given a three-year jail term, with two suspended. However, he will be allowed to serve the term under house arrest, wearing an electronic tag. His former lawyer Thierry Herzog and magistrate Gilbert Azibert received the same sentences. Sarkozy has been convicted of trying to bribe Azibert by offering him a prestigious job in return for information about a criminal enquiry into his party. The former president is expected to appeal the verdict. He is also facing a separate trial into alleged fraudulent overspending during his 2012 re-election campaign.
- Erdogan slams petition endorsed by Gerard Depardieu and Nicolas Sarkozy to delete Quran verses
- Former French president Sarkozy faces ruling on campaign finance trial
- One year on, Macron governs as a right-wing French president
- Ex-S.Korean President denies charges in corruption trial
- Sarkozy and Islam
- Questions for Sarkozy on removing the verses from the Quran
- Erdogan blasts French call over Quran passages
- ‘Obama already did it to the French’: WikiLeaks weighs in on Trump’s ‘Spygate’ claims
- French billionaire Serge Dassault dies
- Turkey targets French studies 'due to Quran row and reciprocity'
Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy Found Guilty Of Corruption have 188 words, post on deadline.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.