Ravi Ahuja , who left Disney at the end of last year, has been named Chairman of Global Television Studios at Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment Corporate Development. Ahuja will lead the company's domestic and international productions business, its gameshow franchises and the studio's Indian business in a role that is similar to that of Mike Hopkins, who left the studio to join Amazon last year. Reporting to SPE Chairman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra, he will also oversee Sony Pictures Entertainment's corporate development and M&A activities. Ahuja was previously President of business operations and CFO at Walt Disney Television and CFO of Fox Networks Group. He starts on March 15. Related Story Kevin James, Leah Remini Reunite For ‘The King of Queens’ Charity Table Read In Honor Of Jerry Stiller Keith Le Goy, SPE's President of Worldwide Distribution and Networks, will continue in his current role and will oversee SPE's distribution and networks operations and Funimation and will continue to report to Vinciquerra. Jeff Frost remains President of Sony Pictures Television Studios, now reporting to Ahuja. Hopkins, who was previously Chairman of Sony Pictures Television, stepped down in February to oversee Amazon's video entertainment businesses. Sony Pictures Television… Read full this story
- Disney Exec Confirms More Deadpool in the Future at CinemaCon
- What Happens After Spider-Man 3? Disney & Sony Execs Look to the Future
- Everything to Know About Disney+
- Here's what you need to know about the Disney+ launch
- Disney+ Launches, The Mandalorian Is Finally Here, Here's How to Watch
- Disney Plus: Launch, prices, movies and shows to expect
- Disney Plus: Launch dates, prices, preorders, movies and shows to expect
- Is Sony Finally Realizing Its Global Cross-Media Potential?
- Disney Plus: Launch timing, prices, preorders, movies and shows to expect
- Disney seals $71bn deal for 21st Century Fox as it prepares to take on Netflix
Former Disney Exec Ravi Ahuja Joins Sony As Chairman, Global Television Studios have 310 words, post on deadline.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.