Even though its moving at a slower pace than many would like, the vaccine rollout is starting to gain some traction and in turn, moviegoers are going to start setting foot in theaters — safely of course. That said, the specialty box office space might be hearing some more coin drop into its piggy bank in the forthcoming months. It's been quite a journey, but we'll get there slowly yet surely. Eddie Huang, who is best known for writing the best-selling Fresh Off the Boat: A Memoir which was the inspiration for the popular ABC sitcom, makes his feature directorial debut with Boogie which Focus Features releases in theaters today. The story follows Alfred Chin (Taylor Takahashi) who goes by the name "Boogie". He is a basketball phenom living in Queens, New York and dreams of one day playing in the NBA. However, his parents have other plans for him. They want him to put all of his focus on earning a scholarship to an elite college. Through it all, Boogie must find a way to navigate a new girlfriend, high school, on-court rivals and the burden of expectation. Related Story ‘My Zoe’, ‘Safer At Home’ And ‘The Vigil’ Post… Read full this story
- ‘The Painted Bird’ Flocks To Digital, Gregor Jordan’s ‘Dirt Music’ Debuts – Specialty Streaming Preview
- Acura NSX Celebrates 30 Years Since Concept Debut In Chicago
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 1
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- Peacock: Prices, free trials, discounts, devices, shows and movies
- Peacock is live: Prices, free trials, discounts, devices, shows and movies
- PS5 finally revealed: The GamesRadar team react to PlayStation's Future of Gaming
- The best indie games for May 2020
- DC's September 2020 solicitations and covers
- The future of film: can cinema survive Covid-19?
Focus Features Releases ‘Boogie’ From Eddie Huang; ‘My Salinger Year’ And ‘Boss Level’ Debut – Specialty Preview have 296 words, post on deadline.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.