California Gov. Gavin Newsom said the state on Tuesday discovered the first New York variants of the virus in Southern California. He did not specify where the cases were found. The New York variant has been spreading rapidly in recent days, with more than 700 cases — mostly on the East Coast — confirmed since it was first detected in November. Like other variants, the New York variety is also believed to be more easily passed from person-to-person, but federal authorities including Dr. Anthony Fauci have warned that the variant could be more resistant to current COVID vaccines. While painting a rosy picture of California's work controlling the spread of Covid-19 , Newsom again preached continued vigilance and mask-wearing, despite Texas and Mississippi lifting such mandates, noting that yet another virus variant has been found in the state. Related Story CA Gov. Gavin Newsom Rips Texas Counterpart Greg Abbott For Lifting Mask Requirement: "We're making progress but it is … not mission accomplished," Newsom said during a visit to Long Beach. "And as we transition over the course of the next 90 to 100 days to get where the president and others have assured us we will be — and… Read full this story
- New York House Primary Pits National Democrats Against Local Party, Activists
- New York ends vaccination exemptions based on religious beliefs
- As Southern California Changes, Does It Still Want This Ally of Russia in Congress?
- Playing on Home Court: New York and Delaware May Lose Their Grip on Bankruptcy Cases
- One Planner’s Blight Is Another Man’s Treasure: Two New York City Cases Bring Eminent Domain Back to the Spotlight
- Thousands in Southern California join rallies nationwide to urge swift reunification of immigrant children with their families
- New York Court Certifies Classes in Petrobras Securities Litigation
- Dismissal of Movie Candy Slack-Fill Case Leaves Sour Aftertaste: New York Federal Court Rejects Labeling Disclosure Defense
- Did 'troubled' appeals court err by nixing suit over New York Law School job stats?
- California bill could ban anti-vaccine parents from doctor-shopping for medical exemptions
First Case Of New York Covid Variant, Believed To Be More Vaccine Resistant, Identified In Southern California have 335 words, post on deadline.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.