EXCLUSIVE: Torrey Peters ' groundbreaking novel Detransition, Baby is in the works for the small screen. Anonymous Content is developing the novel as a television series. Peters is executive producing the project and will write the pilot episode. Veteran writing and producing duo Joan Rater and Tony Phelan ( Council of Dads, Grey's Anatomy ) will also executive produce and serve as showrunners. Kevin Cotter will oversee the project for Anonymous Content. Detransition, Baby is a half-hour dramedy that follows Reese (34), a trans woman living in Brooklyn, who is unexpectedly contacted by her ex, Amy, with a proposition that turns her world upside down: let's raise a baby together. Motherhood has proven an elusive dream for Reese, but there are catches: Amy is now Ames (30), a cis man, having detransitioned after living as a trans woman, and the woman carrying the child in question is his boss Katrina (39). Reese will have to decide if she can accept what she's always wanted from the person who broke her heart, as Ames wrestles with his gender identity, and Katrina comes to terms with an unconventional parenting dynamic, and what may be her last chance at having a child. Related… Read full this story
- Liza Chasin Starts 3dot Prods., Inks First-Look TV Deal With Anonymous Content
- ‘Downton Abbey’ creator shifts gears with series ‘Belgravia’
- Quibi: Prices, what shows to watch, launch details and what is a quibi actually
- Little Did I Know: how a Broadway-aiming musical became a hit podcast
- Reader, I had not intended to love it ...
- Tucker: Despite unanswered questions about coronavirus, authorities enacted dramatic measures
‘Detransition, Baby’ Novel Being Adapted As Television Series By Joan Rater, Tony Phelan & Anonymous Content have 267 words, post on deadline.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.