The Covid relief package is providing a platform for a historic Senate newcomer to deliver for a long-struggling constituency: black farmers. Led by Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock of Georgia, Senate Democrats are touting a $5 billion provision in the relief bill that will wipe out federal debts for farmers of color, and invest in reforms to help these farmers build generational wealth by keeping their family farms in the family. On a call with reporters Wednesday, Warnock celebrated the inclusion of the Emergency Relief for Farmers of Color Act in the $1.9 trillion Covid package. Warnock said Democrats were acting to "ensure equity in our recovery efforts and address longstanding injustices that have left some communities behind for far too long." The newly elected Warnock, who is the first black senator to serve from Georgia, underscored that this federal assistance "will not only help farmers of color, but will also lift up the economies of our rural communities working to recover from the economic turndown." Related Stories Linda Perry’s Rock ‘N’ Relief 2-Day Drive-Thru Concert Event and Live Stream Benefits Core Response Midland Tell Their Origin Story in New Documentary ‘Sonic Ranch’ Related Stories ‘We Are Better People Because of… Read full this story
- Relevant Details on the Obama Administration's Stimulus Package Tax Credit For Hybrid Vehicles
- How a distraught farmer whose story Alan Jones labelled as everything wrong with the government's drought response is now BACKING the PM - after a heartfelt call
- The 2009 Stimulus Package - What's in it For My Small Business?
- Trump’s ethanol deal flops with farmers
- 'Frothing at the mouth': Water Minister takes aim at Alan Jones in a fiery interview about the drought - before saying he 'lives and breathes' the struggles of farmers every day
- Alphabet Soup - The Acronyms of Relief For the American Economy
- City Council urged to confront inequities, institutions hindering Pittsburgh’s black residents
- Home Refinance Stimulus Package - Mortgage Refinancing and Loan Modification
- Government's Financial Stability Package Unlikely to Help Most Las Vegans
- What Makes Snap Worth $25 Billion (And Maybe More)
Covid Relief Package to Include Billions for Black Farmers have 339 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.