British broadcaster Channel 4 has said that it will no longer work with Ant Middleton , the star of its successful SAS: Who Dares Wins show, after his comments on the Black Lives Matter movement and the coronavirus pandemic. Middleton has become a major television star in the UK after first appearing in military survival show SAS: Who Dares Wins in 2015. Since then, he has gone on to front solo projects for Channel 4, including Escape and Extreme Everest . He recently fronted Ant Middleton & Rebel Wilson: Straight Talking for Sky. But Middleton raised eyebrows last year over comments he made about Black Lives Matter and Covid-19. In a now-deleted tweet posted last June, Middleton wrote: "BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo." Related Story Russell T Davies On How The Queer Casting Rule On HBO Max’s ‘It’s A Sin’ Proved A Triumph Middleton later posted an apology video, in which he said he was not referring to the movement as "scum." Instead, he was directing the insult at the individuals in a video that had prompted his original tweet. The video purported… Read full this story
- SAS Who Dares Wins star Ant Middleton is celebrating a bumper year after raking in over £2m last year
- Britain's Got Talent fans are left 'in tears'as Diversity storm the stage with a raw Black Lives Matter-inspired performance
- Seb Coe will back any athlete that takes a knee at Tokyo Olympics in support of Black Lives Matter movement
- Ulrika Jonsson signs up to gruelling Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Win 'to prove her strength'
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year LIVE: Stream FREE, TV channel, nominees as Hamilton favourite – latest updates
- 29 Very Black Things That Happened on TV in 2016
- 'I don't know anyone who's had Covid so it doesn't really matter': Bournemouth beachgoer speaks for thousands who are ignoring rules and flocking to sand - despite Boris Johnson's pleas for 'invincible' young people to stay away
- 'I was a Karen,' admits axed Vanderpump Rules star Stassi Schroeder as she's branded 'ignorant' by talk show host Tamron Hall in first tell-all since racism scandal
- Record number of Black women elected to Congress in 2020
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year LIVE REACTION: Lewis Hamilton WINS award for second time – latest updates
Channel 4 Drops ‘SAS: Who Dares Wins’ Star Ant Middleton Following His Black Lives Matter & Coronavirus Comments have 388 words, post on deadline.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.