In honor of awards season , Real Time host Bill Maher affixed a special ribbon to his lapel and spoke out about an urgent new cause. "It's time to raise awareness about a very serious problem: raising awareness," he cracked in the "New Rules" show-capper, "We raise too much of it, and it's making us crazy, anxious and depressed. Must we be sad about everything all the time most of which we can't do everything about?" A daunting list of diseases and medical conditions are being acknowledged in the month of March, which, he joked, "comes in like a brain injury and goes out like deep-vein thrombosis. This coming week, he reminded his (still limited and socially distanced) audience, is World Salt Awareness Week — "a whole week to be aware of salt ." Related Story Bill Maher & Megyn Kelly Talk Race, Kids, Sexuality & Victimhood On ‘Real Time’: “This Is Hyperbole” A dense thicket of ribbons, flags, ads and hashtags, Maher said, has grown around this glut of misguided cause advocacy. People have become "so aware of every bad thing that could happen that we've completely run out of colors," he lamented. Maher said used to like purple,… Read full this story
- Red carpet fashion blackout at Golden Globes seeks to bring awareness
- The pink ribbon rebellion: It's the symbol that's helped raise millions for breast cancer, but now a leading charity campaigner has said it should be scrapped. Here, two prominent survivors share their opposing views...
- Stranger Things season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- How the flu could leave you at the mercy of killer fungus aspergillosis, which invades the lungs and grows into a lump the size of a tennis ball
- Army Corps raises failure risk rating of Mojave River Dam
- Check your breasts for cancer but don’t stop there – give yourself a full cancer MOT
- How to Raise Your Kids With High—and Healthy—Self-Esteem
- Pasek & Paul Got the Oscar. Now Will They Win the Tony?
- What ‘Golden Girls’ Taught Me About Being Gay
- These 50+ Brands Are Celebrating Pride by Giving Back to the LGBT Community
Bill Maher Honors Awards Season By Donning Lapel Ribbon To “Raise Awareness Of The Growing Epidemic … Of Raising Awareness” have 363 words, post on deadline.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.