An Australian member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association said on an Australian morning TV show that the organization hadn't previously considered the absence of Black journalists "a problem" to be "focused" on. Jenny Cooney , appearing on Today Australia Monday, was asked about the HFPA 's lack of diversity, as issue that drew anger and attention from Golden Globes presenters Sunday night. Addressing the topic, Cooney said that "the fact that there was not a Black member was not really anything we focused on because we were accepting and welcoming everybody from around the world that was based in L.A. that wrote for foreign publications, that was just our criteria." Watch the interview above. Related Story After Those Globes, The Movies Are Ready For A Mood Swing Cooney continued, "The fact that there were no Black members we didn't really consider a problem. Now of course we realize that we should have been much more proactive about really going out of our way to recruit and work with the media, the journalists, the foreign press, everywhere." "We've always considered ourselves such a culturally diverse group," Cooney said of the HFPA. "I think 35% of our members are non-European, from everywhere… Read full this story
- Joe Biden, Meet Black Voters
- Adut Akech is slammed on social media for claiming Who magazine was ‘racist’ for using another black model’s pictures
- British Bobsleigh’s head coach said ‘black drivers do not make good bobsleigh drivers’
- REVEALED: Hundreds of Britons who buy KIDNEYS on the black market from overseas traffickers charging £30,000 in a bid to avoid NHS waiting lists are coming back with deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitis
- Aid Groups Lack Safeguards to Tackle Sexual Abuse Prevalent in Non-Profit Sector
- Transgender dancer who stripped and gave lap dances at annual homeless conference in Seattle says she got permission by the agency beforehand – and claims she now being harassed and threatened by white nationalists
- California lawmakers consider sweeping charter-school changes
- Jada Pinkett Smith Accuses Golden Globes of Refusing to Watch ‘Girls Trip,’ Globes Says Fake News
- Tribalism Isn’t Our Democracy’s Main Problem. The Conservative Movement Is.
- Mormon Church Stockpiled $100 Billion Intended for Charities and Misled LDS Members, Whistleblower Says
Australian HFPA Member Says Organization Hadn’t Considered Lack Of Black Journalists “A Problem” have 380 words, post on deadline.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.