Arguably the most prestigious music awards, the Grammy Awards are relatively new when it comes to awards ceremonies. Whereas the Academy Awards began in 1929 and the Emmys commenced in 1949, the first Grammys weren’t held until 1959. The creation of the Grammy Awards was inspired by the Hollywood Walk of Fame project, which brought about a renewed interest in the music and recording industry. As a result, the Recording Academy created what was then called the Gramophone Awards to honor the best composers, musicians, songwriters, and producers. That first year, the Grammys only had 28 categories, but by 2019, awards 84 categories were presented. These gold-plated gramophones aren’t just given out for new music in a variety of genres, either, but also for innovations in music, philanthropy, and education. Winners are determined by a panel of music experts and Recording Academy members who vote on entries for each award submitted by recording studios. While the process is a good one, it is, like any other, flawed. Over the years there have been some pretty major upsets and some winners who seem to have come from left field. Stacker rounded up unforgettable moments from every year of the Grammys, using… Read full this story
- Biggest Moments in Military History From the Last 100 Years
- Top 5 vice-presidential debate moments in US history
- Hollyoaks' most memorable moments and behind the scenes secrets as soap celebrates 25 years
- Memorable 'Jeopardy!' moments
- 2017 Grammy Nominations: It’ll Be Beyoncé Versus Adele
- The Crown season 4's most dramatic moments from Diana's bulimia to royal clash
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: The Bush Push
- Donald Trump Might Get Shamed by a Few of This Year’s Kennedy Center Honorees
- The Voice: John Holiday and Julia Cooper deliver one of best battles in nine-year history of show
- Can the Recording Academy Make the Grammys Shine Again?
63 Memorable Moments From Every Year in Grammy History have 297 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 17, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.