Since Broadway theaters went dark last March due to coronavirus precautions, fans of plays and musicals have been eager to experience their favorite shows and new works live onstage and in person. That still hasn't become a reality — but many people are trying to keep the dream alive. Last year, Tony Award nominations were announced for the protracted season and some hoped there would be a virtual ceremony as well. That plan was also scrapped and voting for the 74th Annual Tony Awards will take place between March 1st and March 15th, 2021. The presentation of the 74th Annual Tony Awards — which were originally scheduled to take place in 2020 — will be in coordination with the re-opening of Broadway in Fall 2021 , according to the Broadway League and American Theatre Wing. In anticipation, the team behind Moulin Rouge! The Musical — which includes a whiplash-inducing 70 pop songs — has released a new video that shares some of the complexity of the "four distinctive styles and sensibilities" of the orchestration team. For those who saw the show before it was forced to go on hiatus, they'll recall that the opening of Act 2 opens with the… Read full this story
- New Year’s Eve: A Guide to Music and Comedy Events
- Kaija Saariaho's Musical Modernism
- Live Music in Fort Myers, Cape Coral: Diana Ross, Righteous Brothers, Wailers, Air Supply, etc.
- Music to ring out the old year and bring in the new
- Herb Alpert talks music career, whipped cream album cover and more
- With Their Reunion Tour, Smashing Pumpkins Win Another Pyrrhic Victory
- Zsa Zsa Gabor dies at 99
- ‘Parisian Noel Christmas’ in Whitehouse Station wins our holiday decorating contest
- The Complete List of Movies and TV Shows On Board the International Space Station
- Kyle Abraham Wants You to See Another Side of Misty Copeland
What It Took to Orchestrate ‘Bad Romance’ for ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ have 296 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.