ViacomCBS chief Bob Bakish touted the century-old roots of the company across film, TV and now streaming in setting the agenda for the reformulated Paramount+. "We know how to make hits," he declared. "ViacomCBS has been and remains a consistent hitmaker, across genres, across demographics, across formats and across platforms." The executive delivered introductory remarks toward the top of the company's virtual pitch to investors. Paramount+, formerly CBS All Access, will go live in the U.S. and Latin America next Thursday, eventually reaching other corners of the world. Paramount+/ViacomCBS Streaming Event: Deadline's Complete Coverage CBS and Viacom, which share a controlling shareholder in National Amusements, formally merged in 2019 and have been plotting a new streaming course ever since. In the fourth quarter ending December 31, the company reported having 30 million global streaming subscribers. While a large chunk of those are on CBS All Access, the company also has Showtime's over-the-top service, BET+ and a range of other niche services. Related Story Paramount+ Pricing And Tiers Revealed: What’s In The $5 And $10 Monthly Plans As a content supplier, Bakish said, ViacomCBS is a major force, with nearly 900 shows now in production. It has also produced "monster hits"… Read full this story
- DCCC taps new executive director after summer staff upheaval
- Racing! New racing boss at the Stronach Company
- Bob Dylan’s inspired Paul McCartney, spoke for a generation… and changed the course of popular songwriting
- Gigaset taps Bayern Munich to kickstart sales
- How Steve Harvey helped Tayion designer make it big in fashion
- Predators: Matt Duchene will make his debut in season opener
- James Corden: I’m more shocked than anyone that I’m a hit in the US
- Racing a muscle car through the Deep South gets our man in gear to watch Lewis Hamilton win the F1 in Austin, Texas
- Host of Premier League stars set to make their debuts this weekend – but who will make an instant impact?
- Underworld: ‘We aim to make the album come alive in a way it never has before”
Unveiling Paramount+, ViacomCBS Bob Bakish Taps Company’s Deep Roots: “We Know How To Make Hits” have 341 words, post on deadline.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.