Twitter wants to make its content moderation more transparent and its appeals process more robust, and to work some more on an open source initiative called Blue Sky that could relieve pressure on the company as a centralized curator of content. So says CEO Jack Dorsey , speaking at a Goldman Sachs virtual investor conference, staking out Twitter's view of the growing cry to repeal or restrict Section 230 – a law that gives Internet companies legal immunity from content posted on their platforms and wide latitude in moderation. The Feds and Congress have also slapped two of Twitter's giant rivals, Facebook and Google , with antitrust suits and are looking to rewrite and tighten antitrust law. Related Story Twitter is “Much Larger Than Any One Topic Or Any One Account” Says CEO Jack Dorsey – Update "Content moderation is a practice that is not new to the Internet," Dorsey said. "What's different is how centralized it is right now and that puts a lot of burden on us as a company, as a team, and definitely goes to outcomes that may not look great to every single person involved." The right and left have both had Twitter in the… Read full this story
- Twitter CEO condemned for 'hate mongering' against India's Brahmins
- Can Twitter Change Its 'Core' and Remain Twitter?
- The latest public figure to face backlash from their tweets is Twitter's chief Jack Dorsey
- Twitter Says Users' Phone Numbers Provided for Security 'Inadvertently' Used for Ad Purposes
- Rise of the Machines? Twitter Sends Users Weird Coded Notifications
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai faces a grilling on privacy and China by Congress
- Laura Loomer chains herself to Twitter HQ after being banned but gives up after two hours
- Is Twitter really getting rid of the like button?
- Twitter reveals what 280 character tweets have done to everyone who uses them
- Twitter Bans Right-Wing Activist For Opinions on Muslim Lawmaker
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey On Section 230, Transparency, Appeals And Twitter Turning 15 have 316 words, post on deadline.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.