System of a Down is a renowned, Grammy-winning hard rock band, but the new Garin Hovannisian-directed documentary Truth To Power at Oscilloscope Laboratories shows a different side of them — specifically putting the spotlight on the band's frontman, Serj Tankian. Opening in virtual theaters today, Truth to Power brings audiences into the world of Tankian. Through exclusive interviews and original footage personally filmed by the international rock star, the docu pulls the curtain back as we see his revolutionary music career, his work in social justice and how he uses his platform for political change. His decades-long campaign for formal U.S. recognition of the Armenian Genocide was finally approved by Congress in 2019. He's loved by his fans but has a very divisive relationship with the government. Related Story ‘The Mauritanian’, ‘The World To Come’ And ‘Willy’s Wonderland’ Enter Specialty Box Office Fray The film features insight from his bandmates, producer Rick Rubin, Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello as well as social justice advocates from the "Axis of Justice" nonprofit. The project comes from Live Nation Productions, which also has Dave Grohl's From Cradle To Stage in the works and previously produced docs Gaga: Five Foot Two and Justin… Read full this story
- Ramona S. Diaz’s ‘A Thousand Cuts’ Fights For Freedom Of Press In The Philippines, Stellan Skarsgård’s ‘Out Stealing Horses’ Debuts – Specialty Streaming Preview
- Billboard's 2017 Branding Power Players List Revealed, Led by Citi's Jennifer Breithaupt
- WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS on FX and FX Hulu
- Jurnee Smollett Is Ready to Own Her Power With HBO's Buzzy 'Lovecraft Country': "I Don't Apologize"
- Uncovering the truth of Seven Secrets from Tom Taylor and Daniele Di Nicuolo
- The 43 best movies on Disney+ right now
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Studio Bosses Throw Oscar Parties, Tarantino Turns ’70’, Stallone Sells Stallone
- John Leguizamo’s Journey to ‘Bloodline,’ His Favorite Show About ‘Crazy White People’
- Why Disney hasn’t shared how many people watched ‘Hamilton’
- Proved Its Fearlessness Yet Again When It Tackled the AIDS Epidemic
‘Truth To Power’, ‘I Care A Lot’ Debut; ‘Nomadland’ Hits Theaters And Hulu – Specialty Preview have 343 words, post on deadline.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.