EXCLUSIVE : U.S. streaming service Topic has acquired North American rights to Israeli drama series, The Wordmaker, for a spring release. Cast includes Shira Haas (Unorthodox), Lior Ashkenazi (Big Bad Wolves), and Adir Miller (Traffic Light). Set in the mystical world of Kabbalah studies, the 2015 series explores religious zealotry, the blurred lines between dreams and reality, and dark corners of the psyche. When Dr. Ari Milus wakes up one night at a bar with no memory of how he got there, he returns to his old neighborhood in Jerusalem to consult with the doctor who treated his childhood parasomnia – but in the morning the doctor is found dead, and Dr. Milus is the prime suspect. A series of murders forces him to confront his troubled past within a religious sect, led by a charismatic, revered, and dangerous figure known as “The Wordmaker.” Related Story Int’l Critics Line: Todd McCarthy On Venezuela’s Oscar Entry ‘Once Upon A Time In Venezuela’ The suspense drama was created, written, and directed by Dror Sabo and executive-produced by Lee Yardeni and Aviram Buhris from MY TV. “Like all of the great programming Topic has to offer, The Wordmaker is a unique, complex and… Read full this story
- How Yarmouk refugee camp became the worst place in Syria
- Why Technology Favors Tyranny
- The media is responsible for President Trump and it still hasn’t learned from 2016, says Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi
- Life after Love Actually: As child star Thomas Brodie-Sangster unveils a dramatic new look, we reveal the VERY different fortunes of the movie's cast - from a gigging comedian to Oscars success
- 'A reckoning for our species': the philosopher prophet of the Anthropocene
- Everyone in TV news goes for outrage. That makes it "ripe for disruption," says former CNN reporter Jessica Yellin
Topic Picks Up North American Rights To Israeli Drama ‘The Wordmaker’ With Lior Ashkenazi & Shira Haas have 295 words, post on deadline.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.