“I think often what can happen with period pieces, as well as Westerns, is they just get kind of fancy—and sometimes, it works for the story. But when you look at pictures from the time period of towns all over the U.S., on the edge of things, things were rough. No one was worrying about having the perfect colored front door.” — David Crank On Paul Greengrass’s News of the World, production designer David Crank recreated six cities and invented another in charting the 1870s Texan journey of a news reader and his charge. While the story spanned over 300 miles, the film was shot within a 30-mile radius of Santa Fe, New Mexico. On the famed Bonanza Creek Ranch, Crank reconstructed parts of Wichita Falls, Red River Station and Dallas. Related Story The Art Of Craft: ‘The United States Vs. Billie Holiday’ Costume Designer Paolo Nieddu Sculpts His Own Version Of Legendary Blues Singer To preserve the illusion of separate cities within one shooting location, the overarching Western set was turned over every four to six days, repainted and shot at different angles. For Wichita Falls, one key set was what Crank calls an “impersonal” wool barn, where lonely traveler Captain… Read full this story
- Art Car Parade Puts Wheels In Motion For Creative Minds, Upcoming Artists
- Hemp, Inc. Reports Oklahoma Next to Allow Commercial Production of Industrial Hemp
- Drillinginfo Acquires Midland Map Company Providing Direction and Scale in the Permian, America’s Most Prolific Oilfield
- 7 Days: Larry Gagosian, Art’s Bad Boy
- Remembering Zaha Hadid: the world's most famous (and controversial) female architect
- Dealers Explain the International Allure of Dallas’ Art Fair
- How Three Mile Island and the nuclear industry influenced pop cultureYou may also be interested in...
- World Press Photo of the Year 2019 Contest Nominees
- High school reporters win honors in Dallas Morning News journalism contest
- Buc-ee’s: The Path to World Domination
The Art Of Craft: ‘News Of The World’ Production Designer David Crank Maps Out 300-Mile Journey Across 1870s Texas have 310 words, post on deadline.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.