EXCLUSIVE: Spoken Giants , a royalty administration company for creators of spoken word copyrights, said Friday that the Don Rickles estate and comedian Mike Birbiglia are the latest to sign with the Nashville firm. CEO Jim King also applauded a large payout by digital services to music creators this week, but wondered when authors of spoken word content would also receive "appropriate compensation." King, a former executive at music rights group BMI , with comedy label 800 Pound Gorilla Records co-founders Ryan Bitzer and Damion Greiman, launched Spoken Giants in October for comedians, podcasters, speechwriters and other wordsmiths — whom King says have been missing out on million in royalties. Early clients include Lewis Black, Dan Cummins, Gerry Dee, Pete Holmes, Kyle Kinane, Kathleen Madigan, the Ralphie May estate, Leanne Morgan and Theo Von. Related Story Studios Poised For Legislative Win With Inclusion Of Provisions For Felony Streaming Penalties In Year-End Funding Package The Mechanical Licensing Collective two days ago announced that an historic $424 million in unmatched royalties have been collected from Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Google and other digital streaming services to be distributed to music creators. As of January, the collective is responsible for administering a new blanket… Read full this story
- Alexander: What does Billie Jean King’s ownership stake in Dodgers mean?
- Google CEO acknowledges controversial Chinese search project after being slammed by White House
- The Morning Download: Cloudera CEO Bets on IoT and AI
- From Top Chef’ stardom to bankruptcy: The rise and fall of Mike Isabella
- Forensics team searches Saudi Consulate over missing writer
- President Trump suggests ‘rogue killers’ may have killed Khashoggi
- Inside the big early money game in the Colorado governor’s race
- POLITICO Playbook: GOP pushing Kavanaugh nom back on track
- It gets messy when clean energy plays dirty
- Could Google be involved in top secret Henderson data center?
Spoken Giants CEO Jim King Presses For Spoken Word Royalties; Company Signs Don Rickles Estate, Mike Birbiglia have 298 words, post on deadline.com at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.