When Dylan Baldi started releasing music in the early 2010s, he was a teenage recording machine from suburban Cleveland, cranking out tune-happy, noise-caked, supremely lo-fi power-pop. At first he obscured his identity, early-Pavement-style, and rode his music blog hype towards a kind of instant success that might've taken a basement savant of a different era years to accrue. A decade down the road, he's an indie-rock grand old man of sorts, with a series of great releases to his name (the best one is still 2012's Steve Albini-produced Attack On Memory , which combined the catchiness of Superchunk with the sonic muscle of the Jesus Lizard). Last year, Cloud Nothings put out a quarantine quickie, The Blackhole Understands , via Bandcamp , and they just celebrated their 10th anniversary with a reissue of their 2011 debut, Turning On . Now Cloud Nothings are back again with the fine new album The Shadow I Remember , due out at the end of this month. They just released three songs from the LP, including the fantastic "Nothing Without You," the first Cloud Nothings song to have the word "nothing" in its title since 2011's "Nothing's Wrong" (if you're keeping score at home)…. Read full this story
- Apple Music problems? Here's the fix!
- How to reset iCloud Music Library for Apple Music and iTunes Match
- Voter Suppression Is Violence
- Lil Nas X Did It Again
- 100 awesome Android apps that will transform your tired tablet
- Can An Ad Agency Make An Indie Band Take Off?
- Didn't Want To Bash Pakistan To Make 'Raazi' Work: Meghna Gulzar
- Imagining a New World
- Stressed from the MCO? Scream it all out
- HomePod latest news, problems, sales figures and projections
Song You Need to Know: Cloud Nothings, ‘Nothing Without You’ have 286 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 16, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.