Santosh Anand, who penned hit songs like ‘Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai’ ( Shor , 1970), ‘Main Na Bhoolonga’ ( Roti Kapda Aur Makan , 1974) and others, appeared in an episode of the singing reality show, Indian Idol 12 . His heartbreaking story moved everyone to tears, including one of the judges of the show Neha Kakkar. Santosh also spoke about his financial condition and Neha, who got emotional, offered him Rs 5 lakh. The video of the same went viral, and this led to interpretation that he needed financial help. Talking about the same, the senior lyricist said that he doesn’t have any problem and don’t need help. Santosh also said that if Neha wouldn’t have asked to keep the gift thinking of her as his granddaughter, he wouldn’t have taken it. He was quoted by HT as saying, “Ek kalakaar ko izzat aur samman chahiye (an artist needs respect and honour). It felt good to be remembered par baad mein kuch aisi baatein hui jo galat hain (but later something happened that was wrong),” referring to the viral video. The 82-year-old lyricist said, “Mera ghar theek se chal raha hai (My house is running good). Neha is… Read full this story
- Crap Shoot: Les Manley: Lost in LA
- ‘The wounds have never healed’: living through the terror of partition
- Interview: Co-Creator Minh's
- OPINION Why Is It OK to Abuse Customers?
- Brendan McNamara: "I'd rather people just ring me up and tell me to f*** off"
- Catalog Retailers Hit an Online Home Run
- Rhetoric Heats Up - Apple Denies iTunes Infringes Beatles' Trademark
- Facebook Tampers With Gears of Journalism, Ex-Curators Charge
Santosh Anand: Had Neha Kakkar Not Said 'Apni Poti Samaj Ke Le Lijiye', I Wouldn't Have Taken Money have 264 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.