Samuel Goldwyn Films has acquired the U.S. distribution rights for Kaouther Ben Hania 's The Man Who Sold His Skin , Tunisia's short-listed entry for Best International Film for the 93rd Academy Awards. Written and directed by Hania, the film stars Yahya Mahyni , Dea Liane , Koen De Bouw and Monica Bellucci . The Man Who Sold His Skin tells the story of Sam Ali, a young sensitive and impulsive Syrian, who left his country for Lebanon to escape the war. To be able to travel to Europe and live with the love of his life, he accepts to have his back tattooed by one of by the World's most sulfurous contemporary artist. Turning his own body into a prestigious piece of art, Sam will however come to realize that his decision might actually mean anything but freedom. " The Man Who Sold His Skin is a powerful film that draws you in utilizing drama and satire to tell a story that intertwines humanity and art," said Peter Goldwyn of Samuel Goldwyn Films. "I am honored that Samuel Goldwyn Film is going to distribute our film in the US," said Hania. "They have a long history of successfully distributing… Read full this story
- Oscar Niemeyer Defined Modern Brazil. Now, an Artist Is Rethinking One of His Houses.
- Ten Long Years of Trying to Make Armie Hammer Happen
- New movies: 'Justice League,' 'Wonder,' 'Lady Bird,' 'Coco' and 8 more
- Twice as Good: How Black Actresses Get Half the Recognition
- The World’s Most Famous Actor Whose Face You’ve Probably Never Seen
- Why Did It Take So Long to See a Cast Like ‘Crazy Rich Asians’?
- Why did it take so long to see a cast like Crazy Rich Asians’?
- Why The New Calvin Klein Underwear Ads Are Bulging With Meaning
- Phoenix concert news: Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Weezer & Pixies, Styx, Maroon 5
- Phoenix concert news: Florida Georgia Line at Birds Nest, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill, Weezer
Samuel Goldwyn Films Acquires Tunisia Oscar Contender ‘The Man Who Sold His Skin’ have 332 words, post on deadline.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.