It was a fight well worth fighting, and one which put Sacha Baron Cohen 's life in peril. We're specially talking about how the British comedian pulled off Amazon's Borat Subsequent Moviefilm by shooting in red states in the heart of a divided nation — and during Covid. Not only did Baron Cohen's comedic protest movie find a release before the election and achieve its ultimate intention to undermine U.S. President Donald Trump (mission accomplished), but Baron Cohen walked away tonight with two Golden Globes for both Best Comedy/Musical Feature and Best Actor in a Comedy Film; the second and third Globes overall of his career. "This was probably the most dangerous project I had to work on," said Baron Cohen who had to wear a bulletproof vest in certain situations during production. "We felt that the risks were worth taking. I was just very worried about Trump and Trumpism and the election and our democracy was at risk," said the actor/creator who scored an adapted screenplay nomination for the first Borat in 2007. Golden Globes TV Review: Technical Glitches Weren't The Only Disasters On Tone Deaf HFPA Ceremony "There were situations I would never go back to do again,"… Read full this story
- The MAGA Trolls Have Met Their Match In Sacha Baron Cohen And "Who Is America?"
- Christian Bale and Octavia Spencer both forced to skip the Golden Globes after falling ill with flu
- Alex Rodriguez tells Jennifer Lopez 'you are a champion' in loving message of encouragement after she loses Golden Globe to Laura Dern
- Dan Gainor: Can conservative speech online survive 2020 efforts to stop Trump?
- Why Morocco is Africa's little Hollywood
- Stars Who Have Spoken Out Against Harvey Weinstein Amid His Sexual Harassment Allegations
- 'Just call me Harry!': Prince DROPS his royal title as he returns to Britain without Meghan to launch an eco-friendly tourism firm in Edinburgh - after arriving by train
- The best Xbox One games (February 2020)
- Tribeca Fest 2020 Sets Feature Film Lineup With 95 World Premieres
- ‘Saturday Night’ – Live!
Sacha Baron Cohen On The Future Of Borat: “The Gray Suit Is Locked Up And Not Coming Out Again” – Golden Globes Backstage have 347 words, post on deadline.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.