Four progressive Peacock talk hosts expressed strong reservations about "platforming" Republican guests on their streaming shows in the currently divisive political and media atmosphere. Mehdi Hasan, Zerlina Maxwell, Michael Smith and Michael Holley, on a virtual TCA panel during Peacock's winter press tour day, tackled the topic that has become increasingly relevant. The lively panel reflected how unsettled the matter remains in the aftermath of Donald Trump's presidency. Hasan, host of Peacock's The Mehdi Hasan Show and also an MSNBC contributor, poured cold water on the idea of inviting Republicans on his show. While he insisted he relishes debate, citing a recent on-air "row" with conservative former U.S. national security advisor John Bolton, he said it is a "supply-and-demand issue." Related Story HBO Max AVOD Plans Remain Under Wraps, But Kids & Family Upfront Splash Points The Way The supply aspect rests on the question, "Do Republicans want to come on a show like ours when they have their own safe space of right-wing media – not just Fox News but NewsMax and OAN – to indulge them?" Hasan explained. "The people who go on about snowflakes are pretty thin-skinned themselves. Separately, there's a demand problem. … Do I want… Read full this story
- Can a dinner conversation — or a hundred — ease racial division?
- McNeese to host free small business seminar
- The Briefing: Top Republican confident in Collins
- Mali: Negotiations With Jihadists? A Radical Idea Gains Currency in Mali
- L.A. Times Union Finds Longstanding Racial Pay Gap
- U.S. Sen. Bob Corker on leaving the Senate: 'I hope the divisions will diminish'
- Hollis: Democrats will win! (if they run as Republicans)
- What If Aliens Met Racists? MUFON Resignations Highlight Internal Divisions in UFO Sightings Organization
- Former CIA Officer Running for Congress Left Langley Under a Cloud, Sources Allege
- Alaskans serve as test market for Premera Pulse platform
Peacock’s Left-Of-Center News Hosts Chafe At Idea Of “Platforming” Republican Guests In Divisive Times – TCA have 315 words, post on deadline.com at February 17, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.