Former DGA president Paris Barclay is set to receive the DGA Honorary Life Member Award in recognition of his leadership in the industry, contribution to the guild and the profession of directing, and for his outstanding career achievements. The award will be presented at the 73rd annual DGA Awards on April 10. "Paris is one of the statesmen of our industry, and his leadership has been transformative – whether on set creating iconic television, at the negotiating table fighting for our members, or as a champion for a fair and equitable world," said DGA president Thomas Schlamme. "Behind the camera, he is an innovator whose award-winning work is part of the zeitgeist of our culture. And no matter how busy his schedule, he always makes room for mentorship, leading the way for so many diverse voices." Related Story DGA Awards Sets Timeline And Eligibility Requirements After Securing 2021 Ceremony Date Barclay, who was the first African-American and openly gay president of the guild, served as DGA President from 2014-17, with negotiations during his tenure including the tripling of streaming residuals in the 2017 round. As president, and longtime mentor to numerous directors in the industry, Barclay was the driving force… Read full this story
- Film News Roundup: Terrence Malick’s ‘A Hidden Life’ Screened at Vatican Film Library
- AFI Tops DGA’s 25th Annual Student Film Awards
- DGA Awards: Duncan Henderson & Arthur Lewis Set For Career Honors
- Israeli Film 'Synonyms' wins 2019 Berlinale Golden Bear award
- Barclay Simpson, philanthropist and building supplies titan, dies
- Inside the People's Choice Awards: Nicki Minaj thanks God (and gives shout out to 'Kim Kardashian's a**') as she wins album of the year
- Film News Roundup: ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Wins Capri Festival Award
- Karl Lagerfeld receives Paris honour at Chanel's greatest hits show
- Victoria Beckham drops Spice Girls reference while accepting People's Choice Fashion Icon Award but insists: 'I hung up my microphone some time ago'
- People's Choice Awards 2018: Mila Kunis, Victoria Beckham and Busy Philipps lead best dressed on red carpet in elegant black and white
Paris Barclay To Receive DGA Honorary Life Member Award have 336 words, post on deadline.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.