"Paramount+ will be the leader in live sports," CBS Entertainment Group boss George Cheeks said today in a major streaming war throw down to the likes of Olympics and Premier League home Peacock. Coming partway through a delayed, glitchy and often repetitive corporate presentation of the March 4 launching ViacomCBS platform, Cheeks promised a plethora of sports programming from the NFL , international soccer and more. "Bottom line everything sports fans love on CBS …all of this will be available on Paramount+," Cheeks declared after an intro from RuPaul. For most Stateside sports fans, the big ticket is the NFL, which is in pricey play as the TV renewal rights are on the table heading towards next month. Related Story Kelsey Grammer Back As Dr. Frasier Crane As Paramount+ Confirms 'Frasier' Reboot A reality the CBS exec acknowledged in what was perhaps a case of some public negotiating. Paramount+/ViacomCBS Streaming Event: Deadline's Complete Coverage "It's television's most valuable property by far … fundamental to the growth of Paramount+," Cheeks asserted. Tossing into the touchdown zone, Cheeks brought the CBS Sports booth boys of Tony Romo and Jim Nantz in to back him up. "If you love sport, tell me this… Read full this story
- Inter’s mid-season slump is back as title challenge falters
- Werder Bremen facing relegation from the Bundesliga; what has gone wrong for 2004 double winners?
- The Sports Report: Rob Manfred apologizes for World Series trophy comment
- Simone Biles sticks triple double en route to sixth US gymnastics title
- Neymar sent off as Paris Saint-Germain go 13 points clear in Ligue 1 - European round-up
- Jota at the double as Wolves ease past lowly Norwich
- NFL gun JJ Watt and soccer star Kealia Ohai get married in stunning Bahamas wedding
- 16 LSU players heading to NFL combine; When will they be on the field? What's their draft projection?
- Wednesday’s Sports in Brief
- Canberra United outgoing manager Heather Garriock says balancing motherhood and coaching challenging
Paramount+ “Doubling Down” On Soccer, NFL & More Sports In Clear Challenge To Peacock have 331 words, post on deadline.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.