The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Thursday revealed the 366 feature films that are eligible for consideration at the 93rd Oscars , which are set to air April 25 live on ABC. The total number of films is up from last year's 344 films in contention. This year's list was compiled based on tweaked eligibility rules implemented because of the coronavirus pandemic, which has pushed the ceremony to its latest date ever. For this year, feature films had to open by February 28 in a commercial motion picture theater for a seven-day qualifying run in at least one of six metro areas: Los Angeles County, New York City, the Bay Area, Chicago, Miami and Atlanta. Drive-in theaters open nightly were included as qualifying venues, as were films intended for theatrical release but because of the lockdown made available first via streaming, VOD service or other broadcast. Related Story Oscar Shortlists Unveiled In Nine Categories Including Documentary & International – Read The Lists Today's news comes after the Academy on February 9 dropped its shortlists in the International Film, Documentary Feature, Original Score, Original Song, Makeup & Hairstyling, Visual Effects, and the Live-Action, Documentary and Animated Shorts categories…. Read full this story
- Oscars: ‘The Shape Of Water’ Wins Best Picture – The Complete Winners List
- ‘Joker’ Screens For Oscar Voters – Can It Be A Best Picture Contender?
- Take two: "Moonlight" wins best picture at Oscars after blunder
- Oscar nominations 2019: Black Panther creates history, becomes first superhero film to get best picture nod
- Oscars 2016: Meet the Best Picture Nominees. PREDICT the winner!
- Why Black Panther should win the best picture Oscar
- Will Mad Max: Fury Road Win an Oscar for Best Picture?
- Oscars 2017: Complete list of winners
- Playback time: Cameraman who was murdered on live TV had filmed the moment crazed race-grudge reporter was fired and escorted from the station building two years ago
- Oscar race could be a photo finish
Oscars: Academy Reveals List Of Films Eligible For Best Picture Race have 314 words, post on deadline.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.