With Onward , writer/director Dan Scanlon made magic out of a profound personal experience, using his understanding of loss as a foundation, from which he'd craft a quest story like none other. The second Disney/ Pixar animated feature from Scanlon, following 2013's Monsters University , centers on Ian (Tom Holland) and Barley Lightfoot (Chris Pratt), elven brothers in search of a magical artifact that will bring their father back to life for a day. One of few films in 2020 experienced as intended, Onward enjoyed a splashly premiere in Berlin and debuted in theaters across the world in early March. Subsequently, with the enormous degree of loss brought on by the Covid-19 pandemic, Scanlon's film would only become more timely—his notion of channeling pain into art, all the more resonant. Related Story Pixar’s ‘Onward’ Was “Blatantly Autobiographical” For Filmmaker Dan Scanlon – Contenders Film "A big part of the film is about, there's things you want in life and people you want to be with, and really making the most of who you can be with right now, and what you have. That's certainly something that we're all going through at this moment, in this last year," Scanlon tells Deadline…. Read full this story
- MMQB: Raiders to Vegas, replay protocols on the table at NFL owners meetings
- Meet Northwestern's Charlie Hall, the basketball-playing son of Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Media Circus: How ESPN, NFL Network will cover ’17 NFL draft
- Mailbag: What’s the deal with Nick Kyrgios?
- Raiders-Chiefs is biggest game left as playoffs loom
- Student journalists discuss their experiences covering college sports
- Lucky Louie
- Running backs represent what’s different about these Atlanta Falcons
- Examining TV coverage of NFL opening weekend, ESPN’s Schefter 9/11 story
- KISS the Team Goodbye
‘Onward’ Director Dan Scanlon Subverts Fantasy Tropes, Channels Pain Into Art With His “Love Letter To Siblings” have 292 words, post on deadline.com at February 15, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.