Chloé Zhao’s road movie Nomadland won three honors, including Film of the Year, at the 41st London Critics‘ Circle Film Awards, which were held in a virtual ceremony on Sunday night. Frances McDormand was named Actress of the Year, while writer-director Zhao won Screenwriter of the Year. Scroll down for the full list of winners. Acclaimed British dramatic horror Saint Maud also won three awards: British/Irish Film of the Year, British/Irish Actress of the Year for Morfydd Clark, and Breakthrough British/Irish Filmmaker for writer-director Rose Glass. Double winners on the night included Sarah Gavron’s London coming-of-age drama Rocks, with lead actress Bukky Bakray named Young British/Irish Performer of the Year and Lucy Pardee given the Technical Achievement Award for casting. Related Story Michael B. Jordan Celebrates Chadwick Boseman After Co-Star’s Record-Setting SAG Nominations: “Still Setting The Bar Higher” Steve McQueen was presented with Director of the Year for his five Small Axe films, while Shaun Parkes won Supporting Actor of the Year for the first drama in the collection, Mangrove. Riz Ahmed was named British/Irish Actor of the Year for his work in Sound of Metal and Mogul Mowgli. And the short that Ahmed wrote, produced and starred in, The Long Goodbye directed by Aniel Karia, was named British/Irish Short Film of the… Read full this story
- 'Three Billboards' Named Film of the Year at London Critics' Circle Awards
- 'Three Billboards' Tops London Critics' Circle Film Award Nominations
- 'Three Billboards' leads nominees for the London Critics’ Circle Film Awards
- New York Film Critics Circle Awards: Taking Aim at Donald Trump Amid the Prize-Giving
- Kate Winslet admits 'bitter regrets' for 'work with individuals' at London Critics' awards
- 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' wins top prize at London Critics' awards
- Netflix Adapting Ma Rainey's Black Bottom as Feature Film
- These are the must-see movies of the year
- The Academy is adding a popular film category to the Oscars -- which will only be three hours!
- Here are the 10 movies from 2018 our movie critic says you must see, and the 10 you should avoid at all costs
‘Nomadland’ Scoops Film Of The Year At London Critics’ Circle Awards; ‘Saint Maud’, Chadwick Boseman Also Among Winners have 344 words, post on deadline.com at February 7, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.