Martha Reeves was just about to go to bed on Monday evening when she got the horrible news that her dear friend Mary Wilson had died. The two Motown stars had known each other since the earliest days of their careers more than 60 years ago, and they'd traveled the world countless times in various revue shows, playing timeless Sixties hits like "Baby Love," "Heat Wave," and "Stop! In The Name of Love." In the past few years, Reeves and Wilson toured together as the Legendary Ladies of Motown, and their lifelong bond grew even closer. "I could hardly believe it when I heard the news," an emotional Reeves tells Rolling Stone. "My phone has been ringing off the hook since 6 a.m. I'm holding on and trying to stay strong for everyone that wants to speak with me. A lot of them wanted to know if we were competitors. We were not. We were lifelong friends." Here is the lead singer of Martha and the Vandellas in her own words, as she looks back at her friendship with Wilson and the incredible legacy of Motown. Related The Damage Done: Looking Back At A Year Without Concerts Mary Wilson’s 1979… Read full this story
- Martha Stewart, 78, proves she still has the same killer legs she had as a model in the 1960s as she wears a sheer MINI DRESS to the Vanity Fair Oscar party
- He Said, She Said: All the Reasons Every Bachelor Nation Couple Gave For Their Breakups
- God of small things
- Jessica Simpson says the success of her memoir is 'humbling and surreal' adding 'I pray every day that I can use my platform for good'
- Jessica Simpson wishes her daughter Birdie Mae a happy FIRST birthday... after giving a rare look inside her posh mansion
- Jessica Simpson shares photo of daughter Birdie on her first birthday as she poses with balloons: 'You have created in me a healing purposeful life'
- Dionne, drugs and Ronaldo
- The Last Days of ’30 Rock’
- Elle Fanning Shows Off Pretty in Pink Hair in New Selfie
- Movies on TV this week: Sunday, Mar. 22, 2020
Martha Reeves: ‘God Gave Us a Beautiful Gift With Mary Wilson’ have 356 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.