Kirk Franklin performed with his band and choir in the latest "at-home" Tiny Desk concert from NPR , playing live from his studio Uncle Jesse's Kitchen in Arlington, Texas. And leave it to the gospel legend to bring the energy of a euphoric church service right through the computer screen. "I know you're at home right now, in your draws, listening to some Jesus music," he said straight to the camera. "It's OK. Jesus loves you in your draws!" Franklin performed with a gospel choir made up of Melodie Pace, Darian Elliot, Michael Bethany, Eboni Ellerson, Deon Yancey, and Tia Rudd, with Terry Baker on drums and percussion, Matthew Ramsey on bass, and Grammy-winning producer and musician Shaun Martin on keyboard. After opening with a joyous rendition of "Love Theory," the group gave a tender performance of the classic "Silver and Gold," followed by "Melodies From Heaven," and the infectious "Smile," complete with Franklin grinning at the camera while passionately playing the keyboard. "I know that 2020 was difficult," Franklin said when introducing the song. "I believe that there's still hope for you in 2021 because the same God that loves us loves you. He's not forgotten about you, and… Read full this story
- Plane makes emergency landing after 'security issue'
- Charles Oakley arrested after altercation at Knicks game
- Live-stream; what time, channel; who is nominated
- Millennials don't need living rooms, says top architect
- 'Schoolhouse Rock' composer and musician Bob Dorough dies at 94
- 102 free things to do in the Nashville area in 2018
- Trump unleashes a Sunday morning tweetstorm on Comey, Syria, the Clintons, Lynch
- The 100 Most Influential People in Boston
- ‘I can’t afford an apartment’: Congressmen sleeping in offices cry poverty
- You’re Addicted to Your Smartphone. This Company Thinks It Can Change That
Kirk Franklin Raises the Roof in NPR ‘Tiny Desk’ Show From Texas Studio have 313 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.