Wonya Lucas , who was named President & CEO, Crown Media Family Networks six months ago amid controversy, wasted no time addressing the cloud that has been hanging over the Hallmark cable networks for years. "Before I arrived, we had begun to expand our brand inclusiveness in front of and behind the camera," she said second into her opening remarks. "I'm proud of the progress this team is making to expand diversity in our programming and it is nothing short of seismic. The significant achievements made in the D&I space in 2020 laid the groundwork for us to branch out in our storytelling to approach the complexity of what it means to love and be a family in a more authentic, varied, and inclusive way. We will continue to strive to defy common stereotypes and give our characters more depth and dimension; in short, to more broadly represent the human condition. And what a difference a year makes.But believe me; we know there is so much more good work yet to be done." Related Story “It’s Just Where I Belong”: Surfer Garrett McNamara On Riding Giants In HBO Docuseries ‘100 Foot Wave’ – TCA Lucas took over the role previously… Read full this story
- Jodie Turner-Smith plays Anne Boleyn in new Channel 5 drama that seeks to 'challenge conventions' by casting black actress as Henry VIII's executed wife and 'shine a feminist light' on her story
- Yevgenia Medvedeva on coaching change, moving past controversy and new outlook on figure skating
- Huawei ban timeline: Follow the saga of the Chinese telecommunications giant
- Huawei ban timeline: Trump administration reportedly restricts its US suppliers at last minute
- Huawei ban timeline: Chinese company reportedly considers selling some phone brands
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden takes office, calls for end to 'uncivil war'
- BAFTA Sets Wide-Ranging Rule Changes To Boost Diversity In Film Awards; Directing & Acting Categories Tweaked, Membership To Expand
- 100 Best Rock Albums of All Time, According to Critics
- 100 Best TV Shows of All Time, According to Critics
- The Hill's Morning Report - President Biden, Vice President Harris begin work today
Hallmark Channel Brass Give Progress Report On On-Screen Representation Following Criticism & Top Executive Change have 346 words, post on deadline.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.