From executive producers Daniel Barnz , Zelda Barnz and Ben Barnz, Generation is the new kid on the HBO Max block. The new series may deal with the authentic lives of the modern teenager, from social media to sexuality and gender identity, but Generation is no Euphoria , said star Justice Smith . "These are all very different stories," he said during HBO Max's leg of the CTAM press tour on Wednesday. "We're in a new zeitgeist now where we're accurately depicting adolescence what life is like." Inspired by Zelda's high school experiences, Generation is a dark yet playful show that follows a group of high school students whose exploration of modern sexuality tests deeply entrenched beliefs about life, love and the nature of family in their conservative community. Like Smith, Daniel Barnz said that Generation differs from the Sam Levinson-created series in a number of ways, including it's format. Related Story Uzo Aduba Says ‘In Treatment’ Is “One Of The Hardest Jobs I’ve Ever Had & I’m Grateful For It” – TCA Unlike the Zendaya-starrer or Luca Guadagnino's We Are Who We Are , Generation features half-hour episodes, which Daniel Barnz said are essential to accurately capturing the lives… Read full this story
- All the New Things We Learned From the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-Ray
- Euphoria Is More Than Drugs and Dick Pics
- We Saw A Star Is Born on Opening Night and It Was Music to Our Eyes
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—The 77 Most Fascinating Things We Learned on Our Trip
- Star Trek: Discovery Makes the Best Out of a Bad Situation (Of Its Own Making)
- HBO's Euphoria Has Penises, But What About Vulvas in TV, Film?
- How Japanese RPGs Inspired A New Generation Of Fantasy Authors
- Taking a page from YouTube, Snap VP Nick Bell wants to find the next generation of media stars
- The big business of being a social media star
- ‘Billions’ co-creator Brian Koppelman says everyone knows how to tell a great story — but few get the chance
‘Generation’: Creators And Stars Talk ‘Euphoria’ Comparisons & Ripping Open Stereotypes With “Incredible Specificity” – TCA have 342 words, post on deadline.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.