Joe Rohde , who retired from the Walt Disney Co. in January after four decades as an Imagineer, has joined Virgin Galactic as the venture's first "experience architect." Founded by Sir Richard Branson , Virgin Galactic is one of a handful of companies aiming to commercialize space travel. Its sister company, Virgin Orbit, has gained attention for pledging to send the first commercial small satellite mission to Mars, a planet back in the news of late because of NASA's successful Rover landing. Plans are under way for the first "future astronauts" to start arriving at Spaceport America in New Mexico, Virgin Galactic noted in announcing Rohde's appointment. The company earlier this month had to cancel a test flight due to what it called "technical checks," saying it would be rescheduled soon. Related Story Walt Disney Imagineering Veteran Joe Rohde, Whose Work Spanned Epcot To Pandora, Is Retiring Rohde oversaw major Disney park projects like Pandora — the World of Avatar ; the Guardians of the Galaxy update at Disney California Adventure; and the Villages Nature Eco-Resort next to Disneyland Paris. At Virgin Galactic, he will be a strategic advisor " to help design and guide the overall experience journey for future… Read full this story
- Virgin Galactic's Richard Branson wants to be the first 'space billionaire' to actually travel to space
- Virgin Galactic will carry private astronauts and space tourists to the ISS
- Virgin Galactic will conduct crewed test flight of SpaceShipTwo next month
- First scientist slated to fly to space on Virgin Galactic’s suborbital tourist rocket
- NASA's International Space Station is about to become a film location
- Virgin Hyperloop hits an important milestone: the first human passenger test
- Donald Trump Has 70 Days to Undermine Joe Biden, Even If He Eventually Concedes
- 'Sentient' homes and 'intelligent' food could feature in the lives of our children 30 years from now: Futurist taps into kids' imaginations to predict 'what's next' for society
- First look at action-packed new space drama Intergalactic – but will it take on The Mandalorian and Doctor Who?
- Humans have been living aboard the International Space Station for 20 years, so what comes next?
Former Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde Joins Virgin Galactic To Design Customer Space Travel Experience have 353 words, post on deadline.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.