EXCLUSIVE: The filmmakers behind Science Fair are prepping a feature doc about student entrepreneurs for Disney+. The streamer has ordered Own the Room from directors Cristina Costantini and Darren Foster and National Geographic Documentary Films. The film follows five young students on their journey to win one of the world’s most prestigious competitions for fledgling entrepreneurs in Macau, China. Launching on March 12, the doc follows the five students as they compete in the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards. Santosh is from a small farming town in Nepal; Alondra works the register at her family’s bakery in Puerto Rico; Henry is a programming wiz from Nairobi; Jason is a marketing machine from Greece; and Daniela, an immigrant fleeing the crisis in Venezuela, is taking on the chemical industry from her lab at NYU. Related Story ‘Doogie Kameāloha, M.D.’: Mapuana Makia Joins ‘Doogie Howser’ Reboot At Disney+ It marks Costantini and Foster’s latest collaboration with National Geographic Documentary Films and Disney+; Science Fair, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2018 launched on the service last year. Own the Room is produced by Shopify Studios, which is also behind Discovery’s I Quit business format, Saville Productions for National Geographic Documentary Films…. Read full this story
- How Documentaries Can Make Climate Believers Out Of Christians
- The 18 most unforgettable films of 2017, from 'Brawl in Cell Block 99' to 'The Shape of Water'
- Campus Guide: Immerse yourself in community culture
- 25 Great Things to Do in Tucson This Weekend: August 10-12
- The Family Room: Two fun-filled, arts-filled days for kids
- Phoenix concert news: Phoenix Lights, Charlie Puth, G-Eazy, Jerry Seinfeld, Steven Tyler
- Dick Cavett in the Digital Age
- KWSS-FM Fall Fundraiser brings night of guilty pleasures to Last Exit Live
- Avondale rockers Halocene chosen as finalist in YouTube competition, 'Best.Cover.Ever'
- Avondale rockers Halocene chosen as finalists in YouTube competition, 'Best.Cover.Ever'
Disney+ Sets Student Entrepreneur Feature Doc From ‘Science Fair’ Filmmakers & Nat Geo Documentary Films have 306 words, post on deadline.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.