Sony wasn’t originally as excited about casting Tom Holland as Spider-Man as the Russo Brothers and Marvel Studios were. The directing duo recalled casting Holland for Captain America: Civil War in a new interview promoting the release of their latest movie, Cherry . Bringing in an actor to take on one of the biggest superheroes on the planet is not an easy decision, and it appears that Sony was being extremely cautious about bringing in a new fresh face. Tom Holland has been praised for his portrayal of Peter Parker over the last handful of years, with many comic book fans claiming that he is the best actor to take the role on. However, he was relatively unknown when the Russo Brothers and Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige found him. Sony wasn’t sold on the idea. Joe Russo had this to say about the casting of Holland. RELATED: Spider-Man: No Way Home Cast Photo Reveals a Bruised and Beaten Peter Parker “We talked with Feige at Marvel about Holland and he got excited and then we went to Sony… And they were like, ‘Let’s think about it for a minute.’ We could tell we were meeting resistance from Sony. So… Read full this story
- Marvel’s Kevin Feige Planned “Peter Focused” Spider-Man 3 Before Disney Sony Split
- Save Spider-Man: Tom Holland’s dad pens emotional blog, says ‘When superheroes need saving, we’re in trouble’
- Tom Holland’s ‘Spider Man’ Is No Longer Part of MCU Amid Sony-Disney Standoff - Reports
- Stan Lee: World remembers Marvel Comics writer, co-creator of the Avengers and Spider-Man
- Spider-Man: Homecoming movie review - Marvel’s best Spidey movie in 13 years
- The MCU doesn’t need Spider-Man, and Spider-Man doesn’t need the MCU
- Tom Holland Thinks Tony Stark Is Peter Parker's New Uncle Ben
- Spider-Man may no longer be a part of MCU as Sony-Disney deal sours, devastated fans ask what did Tony Stark die for?
- Thwips and quips: Ranking all the Spider-Man movies from best to worst
- Kevin Feige Once Said Both Sony and Disney Knew “Unprecedented” Deal Was the “Best Thing for Spider-Man”
Casting Tom Holland as Spider-Man Turned Into a Big Fight Between Sony & the Russo Brothers have 345 words, post on movieweb.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.