EXCLUSIVE : Bulletproof co-creator and The Sweeney director Nick Love is developing a Troubles-set TV series with DJ Pete Tong . Trouble , which is being lined up as a returning series, will be set in Belfast, Northern Ireland, starting in 1989 at the height of The Troubles at the same time that dance music was also taking hold. It will tell the story of how a generation of kids discovered dance music and ecstasy and how the rave scene offered an escape from the tough social and political climate. Love is currently writing the pilot and will direct and show-run. Executive producers will be Pete Tong , Alan Moloney and Tony Cochrane. Maloney, producer of movies such as Albert Nobbs and Mary Shelley , and Keira Knightley mini-series Neverland , will produce for his Parallel Films banner. Endeavor Content will handle sales. Tong will curate the music. DJ, radio host and music producer Tong is one of the UK's most established and recognized DJs, well known for his performances at nightclubs such as Pacha in Ibiza and his work on BBC radio and in the U.S. on iHeartRadio's Evolution EDM platform. Love co-created Bulletproof with Noel Clarke and Ashley… Read full this story
- The Crown series 4 FIRST LOOK: Tom Byrne films inaugural scenes as Prince Andrew... portraying the scandal-ridden Royal in his 20s ahead of wedding to Sarah Ferguson
- Tribeca Announces Short Film Lineup For 2020 Fest: Organizers Says It’s Still A Go
- Series Finale Recap: I’m Okay, You’re Okay
- ‘Escape from Pretoria’: Film Review
- 'Conga line around the car park!' A week in the life of a British venue
- Quibi Lineup: All the Shows and Movies on Mobile Streaming Service at Launch
- Coronavirus latest: Italy seeks EU permission for extra borrowing
- Brainteaser challenges puzzlers to find the dragon hidden among the castles - but can YOU beat the 60 second record?
- ‘Stranger Things 3’: A Blockbuster Finale Shakes Things Up Just Enough
- Jen Chaney’s 10 Best TV Shows of 2017
‘Bulletproof’ Co-Creator Nick Love Developing Troubles-Set Dance Music Series With DJ Pete Tong & Parallel Films have 323 words, post on deadline.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.