More than a year after launching Disney +, a clear success with just shy of 94.9 million global subscribers, Disney has so far reported the least amount of viewership data of any major streaming competitor. The company's quarterly earnings call today with Wall Street analysts continued the close-to-the-vest trend, apart from the set of streaming numbers included historically in quarterly financial filings. But even that disclosure appears to be heading for a notable change. "Given that we are past the launch year of Disney+, we no longer intend to update our DTC subscriber numbers as of our earnings dates," CFO Christine McCarthy said. "But we will continue to provide you with quarter-end subs. We may choose to make additional disclosures when we hit certain milestones." Related Story Disney CEO Bob Chapek Sees Mask-Free Theme Parks In 2022; Disneyland Unlikely To Open This Quarter, But Hong Kong Might Soul , for instance, has been tracked in the U.S. by Nielsen, and downloads of the Disney+ app have been monitored by third-party mobile research firms like Sensor Tower, linking it to certain key releases. But Disney has not offered anything other than a few brief adjectives about the Christmas release of Soul… Read full this story
- The Mandalorian: Everything we know about the Disney+ Star Wars series
- Tom Holland Reveals Drunken, Emotional Call With Bob Iger That May Have Saved ‘Spider-Man’
- The best TV performances of 2019
- Disney To Sell One Of Its Last Big Gaming Studios, Report Says
- Can Disney's Fox deal transform Hulu into a Netflix-killer?
- The best Xbox One games (December 2019)
- The Best Films of 2019
- ViacomCBS Deal Closes as Wall Street Debates Outlook
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Opens To $220M & Will Send 2017 To $11B: How Disney Still Wins With ‘Star Wars’ Franchise – Monday Final
- The Evolution of Music Consumption: How We Got Here
As Disney Keeps Streaming Data Close To Vest, CEO Bob Chapek Calls Ramp-Up Of Franchises “The Best Insulation We’ve Got” have 302 words, post on deadline.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.