Canadian actor-brothers Shamier Anderson ( Wynonna Earp ) and Stephan James ( If Beale Street Could Talk ), alongside their youngest brother Sheldon James, have co-founded Canada's first Black-owned venture capital firm dedicated to BIPOC entrepreneurs. The Bay Mills Investment Group will support and mentor young entrepreneurs in the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color) community in building profitable businesses through its Bay Mills Diversity Fund. The company will accept pitches from all industry verticals but said it is paying close attention to entertainment, real estate ownership and management, cannabis production and distribution, and education. The team said that they have raised $15M CAD of an initial round of $25M CAD, en route to complete three planned additional rounds for a total fund size of $100M CAD for the Bay Mills Diversity Fund by June 2021. They are actively seeking corporate partnerships and accredited investors. Related Story ‘The Things They Carried’: Tye Sheridan, Tom Hardy, Stephan James, Bill Skarsgard, Pete Davidson & Ashton Sanders Lead All-Star Vietnam War Movie — AFM Hot Pic Sheldon James will serve as Chief Executive Officer and General Partner. Melissa Allen will serve as the firms' Partner and Chief Operating Officer. She joins the… Read full this story
- Kobe Bryant leaves behind a business empire that stretched beyond the basketball court
- How to live forever: meet the extreme life-extensionists
- ‘I Came From the Internet’: Inside Andrew Yang’s Wild Ride
- A Broken Place: The Spectacular Failure Of The Startup That Was Going To Change The World
- Margot Robbie, Zac Efron,
- How Dan Aykroyd went from battling spirits to selling them
- I'm campaigning on 'truth over lies': Biden rallies union workers in Pittsburgh to start his 2020 presidential run saying he is in the rust belt to beat Trump - and is rewarded by chants of 'We love Joe'
- Obama sent an aide to talk Biden out running for president in 2016 so Hillary Clinton could be the Democratic nominee – and he hasn't endorsed him yet this time around
- Hundreds of British expats stuck in coronavirus-hit Wuhan 'will fly back on THURSDAY' in Government's evacuation mission as teacher and heavily pregnant wife stuck in the Chinese city beg for rescue
Actors Shamier Anderson & Stephan James Launch Venture Capital Firm For BIPOC Entrepreneurs In Canada have 353 words, post on deadline.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.