It takes a very special actor to play the Doctor. With legions of Doctor Who fans of all generations spanning the globe, it propels anyone in the job into unparalleled stardom. It’s one of the most sough-after and scrutinised roles on TV – with an elite list of acclaimed actors taking on the mantle over the years. An ingenious solution to a change in actor was made when the first ever Doctor left in 1966, giving the Time Lord the ability to regenerate into a new body. With the surprise news that Jodie Whittaker is quitting the show being announced on Sunday, the hunt is now on to find her replacement. One insider said: “It’s all very hush-hush but it is known on set that Jodie is leaving and they are gearing up for a regeneration. “Her departure is top secret but at some point over the coming months the arrival of the 14th Doctor will need to be filmed. It’s very exciting.” Other Doctors to leave after three runs include William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi. Bookies are currently offering odds on Death in Paradise star Kris Marshall, Fleabag’s Pheobe Waller-Bridge, Friday… Read full this story
- Gone Too Soon: Indian Film Industry Mourns Young Actor Sethuraman's Death at 36
- Doctors turns 20: How the medical soap gave the likes of Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge, GoT star Emilia Clarke and The Crown's Claire Foy their first acting break during two decades on the BBC
- Actor Sethuraman dies at 36 due to cardiac arrest, film industry mourns his sudden demise
- Are You Watching the Freddie Highmore Doctor Show or the Matt Czuchry Doctor Show?
- 'The Good Doctor': Two Cast Members Leaving Before Season 4
- 'I'm not just a spooky actress': Mia Goth discusses her 'surprising' Emma role, her humble upbringing and THAT controversial Miu Miu advert
- Ellen Pompeo sticks up for Justin Chambers' controversial Grey's Anatomy departure
- Rupert Grint and Georgia Groome spark marriage rumours as actress wears a gold band on her wedding finger during pub lunch
- The Good Doctor Season 3 finale brings the exit of two series regular cast members who won't return for Season 4
- UK's coronavirus death toll jumps by 181 to 759 in Britain's darkest day of the crisis yet as almost 3,000 more patients are diagnosed and even Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock catch it
Where Doctor Who actors are now - controversial exits, deaths and surprise co-star marriage have 385 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.