Ten years after their first entry in NPR’s Tiny Desk concert series, Future Islands returned to perform a Covid-19-safe remote set from an empty Carroll Baldwin Memorial Hall in their home base of Baltimore. “We lost the desk,” lead singer Sam Herring joked, but the band had an advantage: With only drummer Michael Lowry onstage, the rest of Future Islands — including bassist William Cashion and synth keyboardist Gerrit Welmers — took to the auditorium floor to dance and jump around as they performed tracks from their most recent album, As Long As You Are. After performing newer songs “Hit the Coast,” “The Painter,” and “Thrill,” Future Islands finished with a 2011 track called “Balanced.” “This is a song for anybody who’s struggling through their lives,” Sam Herring said by way of introduction, “and I know there are a lot of you all out there, just trying to get by, but it’s going to take a little bit more time.” Future Islands released As Long As You Are this past October, following their 2017 album The Far Field. In lieu of a live tour, the band performed a special livestream show on their album release day. Herring also contributed vocals to DJ… Read full this story
- Home Office Furniture- Choosing the Right Computer Desk
- Unchain Yourself From Your Desk - Top 10 Mobile 'Go Anwhere' Businesses
- The Saving Grace of a Work From Home Based Business
- Home Security Cameras:Technology Which Can Be Individualized For Our Personal Security
- Moms' Home Business Recipe - Choose A Home Business, Add Children And Mix
- Eight Little Things Not to Forget When Building a New Home
- The Future Over-regulation of Nano-Tech; Fearing What You Cannot See?
- Rates on Home Equity Loans - 6 Tips to Save You Money on Your Home Equity Loan
- Mama June sells her notoriously shabby Georgia home for just $100,000... 12 months after it was valued at $50,000 MORE (and it's already back on the market for $225K after new owners give it an epic makeover)
- Fiddle With An Attitude: Experiencing Canadian "Bad-Boy" Fiddler Ashley MacIsaac in Concert
Watch Future Islands’ ‘Tiny Desk (Home) Concert’ Performance have 336 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.