After causing a social media uproar and several legal complaints, the makers of Tandav have agreed to remove the controversial scenes from the web show. Director Ali Abbas Zafar, Tandav producer Himanshu Krishna Mehra, and writer Gaurav Solanki interacted with the officials of Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting for the second time on Tuesday (January 19) and decided to make the changes. The political drama was called out by political leaders alleging inappropriate depiction of Hindu deities and hurting religious sentiments. The online protests even called for the show’s ban, while leaders expressed the need for close monitoring of content on OTT platforms. The makers released a new statement on Tuesday (January 19) that said, “We have utmost respect for the sentiments of the people of our country. We did not intend to hurt or offend the sentiments of any individual, caste, community, race, religion or religious beliefs or insult or outrage any institution, political party or person, living or dead.” Makers Of Tandav Release A New Statement “The cast & crew of Tandav have made the decision to implement the changes to the web series to address the concerns raised towards the same. We thank the Ministry of… Read full this story
- Super Mario Maker 2 for Nintendo Switch: Everything we know
- Hostile politicians, cuts and controversy: why the BBC has never been so vulnerable
- Putin’s plan to change Russia’s institutions
- I'm campaigning on 'truth over lies': Biden rallies union workers in Pittsburgh to start his 2020 presidential run saying he is in the rust belt to beat Trump - and is rewarded by chants of 'We love Joe'
- Full text of FM Nirmala Sitharaman's Budget speech
- Union budget 2020: Full speech of FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Budget 2020: Nirmala Sitharaman's full speech
- Jeremy Corbyn's hard-Left spending splurge is 'simply not credible': IFS ridicules Labour leader's claim he can raise £83BILLION in extra tax to fund 'colossal' giveaways JUST from the rich - warning EVERYONE will have to pay
- Faith, enterprise take centre stage as Sangh Parivar lays siege to Kerala
- Greece asks Troika for more time, as Athens Uni suspends operations – as it happened
Tandav Controversy: Makers Choose To Implement Changes Suggested By I&B Ministry have 344 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.