It was a bit of a wait, thanks to the pandemic, but the Film Independent Spirit Awards nominations for the 2020-21 season finally were announced today, with A24's First Cow , Netflix's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, A24's Minari , Focus Features' Never Rarely Sometimes Always and Searchlight's Nomadland taking the five slots in the Best Feature category. Among movies, Never Rarely Sometimes Always led all Spirit nominees with seven, followed by Minari (six), Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and Nomadland (five each) and Miss Juneteenth (four). This year's Spirits includes five new TV categories : Best New Non-Scripted or Documentary Series, Best New Scripted Series, Best Female Performance in a Scripted Series, Best Male Performance in a Scripted Series and Best Ensemble Cast in a Scripted Series. Leading the TV section were Apple TV+ dramedy Little America and Netflix's drama Unorthodox (three each) and HBO's I May Destroy You (two). Related Story Online Films Critics Society Unveils Annual Film Awards Recipients, Names ‘Nomadland’ Best Picture As we told you last week , this year's edition will break its longstanding tradition of taking place live on the Santa Monica beach on the Saturday afternoon before Sunday's Oscars. Instead, the ceremony will air… Read full this story
- Meet the everyday Hull heroes nominated for Heart Awards
- These are the celebrities who have passed away this year so far
- Which celebrities have passed away so far this year?
- BAFTAs TV 2019: Jodie Comer in TEARS as she wins Best Actress
- Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
- England win the Cricket World Cup – as it happened
- 50 foodie stays: The best pubs with rooms in England
- England win the Cricket World Cup – live reaction
- 50 top players in Ireland
- 50 top rugby players in Ireland
Spirit Awards Nominations: ‘Never Rarely Sometimes Always’, ‘Minari’, ‘Nomadland’ & ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’ Lead Field have 299 words, post on deadline.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.