Way back in 1966, veteran actress Sharmila Tagore created a stir in the Hindi film industry when she posed in a black-and-white bikini for a glossy magazine. The leading lady was the first mainstream Bollywood actress to do a bold photoshoot for a magazine. From never shying away from stepping out of her comfort zone to picking up diverse roles in films, Sharmila has always been a trendsetter in Bollywood. Recently, in a session with fans for Film Companion, the Aaradhna actress said that her life choices have been unconventional like the bikini shoot for Filmfare she did in 1966. Sharmila said, “My life choices, looking back, have been unconventional. Like the bikini shot for Filmfare, that people don’t ever let me forget.” Earlier, in an interview with Filmfare magazine, the senior actress had revealed that it was her idea to pose in a bikini for the magazine. Talking about it, she had said,” Oh! God, how conservative our society was back then! I’ve no idea why I did that shoot. It was just before I got married. I remember when I showed the two-piece bikini to the photographer, he asked me, ‘Are you sure about this?’ In some of… Read full this story
- New magazine and TV channel give Afghan women a cautious voice
- Mastering work-life balance, in style
- Malia Obama just picked Harvard — here’s where America’s other ‘first kids’ went to college
- Meet the 19-year-old whose 80-person company is taking the fashion, film, and publishing worlds by storm
- Rare behind-the-scenes photos show what it was really like to be on set during Hollywood’s golden age
- Body Talk with Tanduay Calendar Girl Heart Evangelista: Let’s drink to that!
- The artist who drew the original Darna
- 13 American presidents who escaped attempts on their lives
- This Barretto knows her fashion: Travel #OOTDs according to Dani
- Oh, Andrea!
Sharmila Tagore On Posing In A Bikini For A Magazine In 1966: My Life Choices Have Been Unconventional have 303 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.