President-elect Joe BidenJoe BidenCapitol Police confirm investigation into some officers’ behavior during riot GOP lawmakers told Trump takes some responsibility for Capitol riot Director of Army Staff disputes Capitol Police chief account of National Guard deployment MORE and congressional Democrats secured a rare chance to wipe out student loan debt for millions of Americans with last week’s victories in the Georgia Senate runoffs.The Democratic takeover of the Senate means Biden is in a much stronger position to deliver on a campaign pledge to sign legislation canceling up to $10,000 in student loan debt for borrowers who make less than $125,000 a year.Biden has called student loan forgiveness a crucial step toward recovering from the coronavirus recession, and there’s a growing expectation that his proposal would be included in a new COVID-19 relief bill — the top legislative priority for Biden and Democrats.ADVERTISEMENT“With Democratic Senate control now assured, and our base case that Democrats pass another multi-trillion Covid-19 relief bill, there is a high likelihood that some form of federal student loan debt relief is included in such a package,” Beacon Policy Advisors, a Washington-based research firm, wrote last week.Biden’s embrace of a progressive priority has put unprecedented momentum behind the… Read full this story
- Shocking number of college students think their student loans will be forgiven
- Massive student loan fraud scam: 99.8% of repayment data fraudulently altered by schools
- The Student Loan Struggle Is Getting Worse—and Women Are Suffering Most
- Med students are facing up to the rising price of education but how are they managing debt?
- May's cold front! PM battles the sniffles at the G20 as she piles pressure on Putin to 'choose a different path' a day after she told Russian leader to stop his 'irresponsible' meddling in the West
- 3 Women Who Made Major Mid-Life Career Changes—and How They Did It
- 3 career paths to becoming a data scientist
- This Senator Wants to Take Away Your Bike Lanes
- Lenders may eye smartphone use before giving you a loan
- The Ignorance Of Today's College Students Shouldn't Surprise Us
Senate majority gives Biden path to student loan forgiveness have 339 words, post on thehill.com at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.