The Grammy winner and Oscar nominee also did music for ‘Happy Days’ and ‘Mork and Mindy’ and arranged Glen Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman.” Perry Botkin Jr., the prolific film and TV composer, arranger and producer known for his themes to Happy Days, Mork and Mindy and The Young and the Restless — a tune forever associated with famed Olympic gymnast Nadia Comăneci — has died. He was 87. Botkin died Monday at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, his publicist announced. No cause of death was provided. His career spanned four decades and also included work for such other TV programs as Laverne and Shirley, Adam’s Rib, The Smothers Brothers Show and Quark. Botkin’s iconic theme for the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless was retitled “Nadia’s Theme” when ABC’s Wide World of Sports used it in a montage during the 1976 Summer Olympics, where the Romanian Comăneci, then 14, scored several perfect 10s en route to three gold medals. The track earned Borkin a Grammy for best instrumental arrangement in 1977. Also among his credits were “Wichita Lineman,” a big hit for Glen Campbell, and ”Rhythm of the Rain,” which The Cascades took to No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1963. He scored… Read full this story
- Cavender's founder, Texas icon dies at the age of 87
- Concerts in Phoenix in June 2018: Post Malone, Nipsey Hussle, John Butler Trio +, Gary Clark Jr.
- Ella Brennan dies at 92, mentored chefs Prudhomme, Lagasse
- Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Danny Kirwan dies at age 68
- Neal Boyd, one-time 'America's Got Talent' winner, dies
- Joe Jackson, Father and Jackson 5 Manager, Dies at 89 (Report)
- Clarence Fountain, a founder of Blind Boys of Alabama, dies
- Dick Leitsch, Whose ‘Sip-In’ Was a Gay Rights Milestone, Dies at 83
- Kate Spade, Alan Bean and other notable celebrity deaths
- Jackson Odell, Anthony Bourdain and other notable celebrity deaths
Perry Botkin Jr., Grammy-Winning Arranger of "Nadia's Theme," Dies at 87 have 303 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.