There’s a throwaway scene a couple episodes into Netflix’s new reality series, Bling Empire, where three of the cast members meet up to confer about recent events, while shopping for soup ingredients at a Chinese health food store. As the guys work their way through bins of deer antlers, sea cucumbers, and ginseng, they start trading jabs about spending habits and relationship statuses. It’s the perfect East-meets-West setup for a reality-show fight, until one of them spots a $15,000 piece of dried fish maw (a type of fish bladder believed to be good for the skin). Suddenly, talk turns from why he hasn’t proposed to his pregnant girlfriend to what type of traditional broth he can make for her using the fish maw instead. This is Bling Empire: a series that not only brings the tea, but serves up a full meal along with it. Loosely billed as a reality-TV version of Crazy Rich Asians, the show follows the opulent lives of a group of Asian friends in Los Angeles who gather to gossip, party, and shop. The cast includes the son of a Singapore real estate magnate; the daughter of a Chinese tech billionaire; a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon… Read full this story
- 'Bling Empire' Star Kevin Kreider Says Netflix Show Is About 'Real Asian-American Stories'
- Anna Shay Net Worth: How Much Does the 'Bling Empire' Star Make?
- MEET the stars of Netflix hit Bling Empire – and discover the staggering net worths of Anna, Christine, Kim and Kevin
- Netflix’s shocking new reality show Bling Empire slammed as ‘racist and full of stereotypes’ before it even starts
- Ex-Power Rangers star Andrew Gray is branded 'abusive' and 'psycho' after he verbally assaulted his girlfriend in new Netflix show Bling Empire - as horrified viewers call for a 'trigger warning' to be added to the series
- Inside the lives of the REAL Crazy Rich Asians: Los Angeles billionaires from China, Singapore, and Japan lift the lid on their VERY extravagant lifestyles in new Netflix reality show Bling Empire
- Bling Empire: Prince Charles' surprising connection to reality show star
- Inside Bling Empire Anna Shay’s incredible Beverly Hills mansion as she sells it for $16m
- Politics in pop culture needs a time-out
- New on Netflix this week: ‘The White Tiger’, ‘Spycraft’ and more
Netflix’s ‘Bling Empire’ Is a Celebration of Culture — Clad in Couture have 376 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.