The British dystopian science fiction anthology television series Black Mirror has gained worldwide fame for its twisted, daring exploration of how advancing technology can have disturbing results. Now, a patent filed by Microsoft to turn deceased netizens into chatbots has drawn eerie comparisons to one particular episode of Black Mirror starring Hayley Atwell, titled Be Right Back. In the episode, Hayley Atwell plays a young woman who pines for her boyfriend, Ash Starmer (Domhnall Gleeson), who was killed in a car accident. Driven to desperate measures, Atwell’s character decides to use technology to resurrect her dead boyfriend as artificial intelligence so they can continue to be together. Using a new online service, she uploads all of her boyfriend’s past online communications and social media profiles, which the service uses to create a new virtual “Ash”. RELATED: Black Mirror Netflix Revival Gets 10 Cloverfield Lane Director In real life, Microsoft has received a patent that allows the company “to make a chatbot using the personal information of deceased people.” where the company can create an artificial intelligence bot “based on images, voice data, social media posts, electronic message, and more personal information” of a deceased person. The patent goes on to… Read full this story
- All of the new mind-blowing 'Black Mirror' episodes, ranked
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: It's not over yet
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: Who gets to survive?
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella is counting on culture shock to drive growth
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Recap: Maggie drops a bomb as Alexandria deals with life ‘Now’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ recap: Apocalypse now
- Joan Rivers Dead at 81
- 'The Walking Dead' recap: Dying is simple
- Can we save domestic-violence victims before their abusers turn into killers?
- Recap: 'Game of Thrones' delivers best episode of Season 7 so far
Microsoft Brings Black Mirror Episode to Life with Patent to Turn Dead People Into AI Chatbots have 290 words, post on movieweb.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.